Submissions are invited for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023 by Ministry of Women and Child Development. The last date of submission is 31 October.
Ministry of Women and Child Development(MWCD) has been celebrating International Women’s Day every year by felicitating the achievers the achievers for their outstanding work in exceptional circumstances in the areas of social and economic empowerment with Nation awards called ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’.
- The awards are open to individuals only.
- The applicants must be at least 25 years of age on 1st July of the award year (e.g. for the year 2021 awards to be distributed on 08.03.2022, the age should be as on 01.07.2021 and so on).
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to individuals in the areas of: economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto.
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals who encouraged women to participate in decision making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women etc.
- An award may also be given to a State or Union Territory, which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
- Normally the awards shall not be presented posthumously; excepting in cases where death occurred subsequent to a proposal having been submitted to the Ministry in the manner as stipulated in these guidelines.
Who can nominate?
Nominations for the award shall be invited from:
- State Governments, Union Territory Administrations, concerned Central Ministries/ Departments.
- Non-Governmental Organizations, Universities/ Institutions, Private and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- The Selection Committee may also, suomoto, recommend an individual/ institution for the award with sufficient justification.
- Self-nominations & recommendations for the awards, both, shall be considered.
Interested one can nominate via this page.
- Cash Prize – INR 2,00,000/-
- Last date of nomination is 31 October 2022.
- The Award shall be presented at New Delhi at a special ceremony/ function held on the occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8th March every year.