United Breweries Ltd. is inviting applications for the post of Company Secretary for its Bangalore Office.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Company Secretary.
About United Breweries Ltd
United Breweries Holdings Limited, also called UB Group, is an Indian conglomerate headquartered in UB City, Bangalore, Karnataka. Its core business includes beverages and investments in various sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Corporate Secretarial Matters:
- Compliance with Companies Act provisions Compliances with SEBI / Stock Exchange regulations. Expert understanding of SEBI LODR.
- Conduct of Board and Committee meetings by preparing agenda, board documents, preparation for the meeting, minutes, notes etc.
- Active interaction with Board members. Seeking legal opinions, Set board and committee dates.
- Be a bridge between the Management / Board members.
- Preparation of Annual Report in complete compliance with applicable laws including LODR/ Accounting standards compliance.
- Active involvement in design and publication of the Annual Report.
- Provide support to various internal stake holders with Resolutions / Documentation where required.
- Draft and/or modify applicable statutory policies and codes (e.g. Code of Business Conduct and Ethics for Board and Employees, Policy of Fair Disclosure, Code for Prohibition on Insider Trading); Obtain approvals from Board.
- Provide data/information and explanations to auditors for internal and external audits; Respond to queries and address non-compliances raised by auditors, as required
- Carry out share transfer/ transmission and RTA related matters.
- Maintenance of statutory registers/ records as required under the Companies Act.
- Maintain UPSI records.
- Stock exchange and Ministry of Corporate affairs filings.
- Compliance with Trading Window closure requirements and yearly disclosures.
- Quarterly Board certifications and legal due diligence.
- Attend to and report on Whistle Blower / POSH matters.
- Timely briefing to the Management on change in Corporate laws.
Special Project on Merger and Acquisitions (As and when required):
- Conduct of due-diligence for various acquisition/ merger related matters.
- Coordinate with external Legal counsel, leveraging their expertise to complete the due-diligence process as and when required.
- Drive adherence to all pre and post acquisitions compliances and documentation requirements
- For mergers, draft scheme and obtain feedback from legal counsel
- Conduct all requires pre and post merger activities (e.g. shareholder meeting, creditor meeting) and documentation requirements.
Land Acquisition (As and when required):
- Conduct due-diligence of land documents and reports, conduct required checks (e.g. title, revenue record).
- Partner with local counsel to comply the local process.
- Coordinate with landowners for settlement of demands and payment of compensation, as required.
- Drive adherence to additional requirements and compliances for pre-owned land, lease-owned land;
- Coordinate with additional parties in such cases.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates shall apply for the post through this page.
Qualified Company Secretary- ACS – (Membership of ICSI).
- Experience in compliances and regulatory framework management
- Deep knowledge of the Company Secretarial domain
- Working knowledge of business operations and industry challenges.